- About ERP
- Courses & Certificates
- Students in Action
- Scholarship & Assistantship
- Research & Industry Collaboration
- Career & Placement
- Applications & Scholarships
- Buiness & Information Technology Department
News > Mark Jordan to deliver lecture on the value of IT
Published: Wednesday, April 14, 2010
On April 23, 2010, Mr. Mark Jordan, Vice President of Business Operations and Information Technology, Vegetable Seed Division at Monsanto, will be delivering a lecture on the topic of the Business Values of Information Technologies. Mr. Jordan will discuss how Information Technology drives value for businesses and today’s careers for IT graduates.
The session, promoted by the Center for ERP, will take place from 12 noon to 1:00pm in room 103 at the Engineering Management building on Missouri S&T campus.
Mr. Mark Jordan holds a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and earned his MBA from Cranfield School of Management, Bedfordshire, England. Mr. Jordan has over 15 years industry experience and has held multiple leadership roles of increasing responsibility within the Monsanto Information Technology organization.
Previous to his current role, Mark was the Director of Enterprise Application Services, on assignment in Europe as the IT Lead for Monsanto's Northern European division, along with an assignment in Belgium as IT Lead for the Monsanto European Crop Research Center.
Mr. Jordan’s major accomplishments include:
- Delivered integration strategy for Monsanto ERP systems worldwide, including migrations to a single, centralized SAP instance.
- Responsible for multiple global SAP implementation projects including Argentina, Brazil, Columbia, and the Asia-Pacific.
- Delivered key SAP projects in support of the Monsanto People Strategy including: Online Manager & Employee Self Service, Online Performance Management, Online Incentive Planning, and Online Succession Planning.
Monsanto, headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri, has been named Fortune Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” in 2004 and 2005 and the recipient of 2004 International Business Awards (Stevie Awards) competition "Best Multinational Company.”
For more information visit the events page.